Need Mold Removal in Your Gainesville home? Our Gainesville Mold Removal Specialist will get the job done right.
Professional Mold Removal Services in Gainesville: Inspections
About Mold Removal and Inspections in the Gainesville area
The presence of mold in homes, schools and business is of growing concern in Gainesville Florida and the rest of the U.S. Mold must be taken care of in a careful removal process in Gainesville.
Mold can thrive on virtually any organic material such as wood, paper, carpet, food, insulation, etc. Just add water and in 48 hours mold can begin to grow. Any time water intrusion occurs, be it a major flood or a minor plumbing leak that was not immediately and thoroughly dried out, there is a high probability of mold growth. Mold can cause significant aesthetic and structural damage to building materials and other personal property. Indoor mold growth can also negatively impact indoor air quality and pose certain health risks to occupants.
Mold often grows behind walls and inside ceiling and floor cavities long before it is ever detected. By the time you start smelling an unpleasant odor rest assured mold has been growing somewhere for some time and every day is growing more. If you suspect you have mold growing indoors, the time to act is sooner rather than later.
Mold inspections and mold testing are the means to identifying indoor mold problems. Most often inspections and testing work best in conjunction with each other, however, there are instances when certain questions can be answered with one or the other. Understanding the difference between inspections and testing will help you get the answers you’re looking for. This web page focuses on mold inspections. Mold Removal Gainesville
What Is A Mold Inspection?
SERVICE NETWORK mold inspection is a non-destructive visual inspection for mold and conditions that cause mold in buildings. The purpose of a mold inspection is to identify and document visible evidence of mold growth, moisture issues, and other suspect conditions that are indicators of indoor mold growth. With state-of-the-art technology such as infrared thermal imaging cameras and electronic moisture detection equipment, no physical damage is ever done to any structure.
If mold is present you must contact a professional for Mold Removal In Gainesville .
While infrared does not specifically detect mold, it does provide Inspectors with the distinct advantage of quickly and accurately identifying conditions where mold typically grows. Thermal imaging cameras are now the standard by which true IAQ professional investigators are measured. Yet very few mold inspection companies use thermal imaging technology because of the high cost of infrared cameras. Those who do use infrared charge an extra $200 to $500 in addition to their standard inspection price. DOODLEBUGGERS SERVICE NETWORK mold inspections include thermal imaging technology at no additional cost. That means you get a lot more for your money and a much more reliable mold report.
For more information about the role of infrared cameras in mold inspections visit our Thermal Imagining Page. AND REMEMBER…. before you choose a mold inspector, be sure to visit our Mold Health Affects to learn how to avoid the most common mold misconceptions.
What Will I Learn From A Mold Inspection?
The goal of a mold inspection is to determine:
- Is mold growing or has mold growth occurred indoors?
- What conditions exist that would cause indoor mold growth?
- What areas of the structure have been effected?
- What conditions still exist that may promote further mold growth?
- What steps should be taken to properly address your mold issue?
What Will I Not Learn From A Mold Inspection?
- Sometimes indoor mold growth is obvious and other times it’s not. Sophisticated equipment and years of experience are vital assets in identifying indoor mold problems that may otherwise go unnoticed by an untrained eye. But when it comes to hidden mold, there are certain limitations to a physical inspection that require a more scientific approach to determining whether a “suspect condition” is a mold problem or not. When a suspect condition is found in a mold inspection, mold testing may be the only way to confirm or rule out indoor mold growth when you can’t visibly see any mold. Mold Removal Gainesville
- Mold testing is also the only way to determine the likelihood of health risks that are commonly associated with indoor mold growth. A mold inspection will not tell you what kind of molds are present inside a structure, or if the airborne mold spore levels are potentially dangerous to your health. Answers to those questions can only be determined by testing.
- Mold testing is done by collecting samples, either from a surface or from the air, and having them analyzed by an accredited laboratory that specializes in mold analysis.
American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) – promotes awareness, education and certification to Indoor Air Quality Professionals and establish credible Council-certifications that provide lasting value to IAQ professionals, their clients and the public. Only ACAC certifications are fully accredited by the Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB).
The CESB was created in 1990 by the engineering and technology communities as an independent body which accredits certification programs organized and operated consistent with sound credentialing practices tailored to the needs of engineering and technology specialties.
The State of Florida/Department of Business & Professional Regulation – The Department of Business and Professional Regulation is responsible for licensing and regulating mold assessors and mold remediators. The Department’s Bureau of Central Intake and Licensure processes applications for licensure and refers complex applications to the mold-related services licensing office for final review. Doodlebuggers Service Network only uses mold assessors licensed by the State of Florida and Gainesville.
Certified Mold Removal Gainesville and Inspectors are required to meet rigorous standard practices and annual re-certification credits to maintain their certifications.
This website was developed primarily to provide general information about mold and services with respect to mold removal in Gainesville, inspections, mold testing, and other indoor environmental testing. This site is not intended to be a resource for medical advice or information concerning health matters. The information being disseminated in this site is believed to be the most recent and most reliable information available at the time. Neither mold-removal-products.net/ NETWORK nor its principles or employees warrants all of the information contained herein to be 100% factual. For proper medical advice you should always consult a Gainesville physician or other qualified expert.